A lot of people ask me about Web 2.0’s and how do they actually work.
They wanted a step by step Web 2.0 guide that can help them know the real side. So, here is this guide created with the sole purpose to give you an overview and in-depth knowledge that you wanted to have.
Don’t worry if you are not familiar with these words as I will make sure to start from scratch and explain everything in detail.
I started my blogging journey in 2013 and since then a lot of things have changed. Though I was not consistent in the field as I went for learning Machine Learning and all but I have seen the changes very clearly.
There were blogs with keywords stuffed at the bottom of articles ranking on the first page of Google like a king. It doesn’t work this way at the present, isn’t this true? Google has taken the responsibility of providing valuable content to the users and the tech giant works hard to fight manipulations.
Website owners used to create hundreds of random backlinks and it worked, yes it does work. But it is not that easy if you talk about SEO in 2020. The methods are pretty much the same but the strategies are not.
The concept of Web 2.0 is not something new and SEOs are working on them for years. But, now you have to focus on quality rather than quantity.
And how would you create quality Web 2.0 backlinks?
This Web 2.0 guide will take you through everything step by step. Let us now start with the basic things and then move on to some advanced concepts that nobody usually shares.
What is This Web 2.0 Thing?
Have you ever heard about the free blogging platform from Google? Yes, I am talking about Blogger that I think most of you might already know about. Almost every blogger that started blogging 5 or 10 years ago has used Blogger to create a blog.
But, why I am telling you about Blogger?
Blogger allows anybody to create a blog for free and also provides a free subdomain. So, if you create a blog on Blogger then you can get a subdomain as example.blogspot.com
Web 2.0s are nothing but websites or blogs that we create usually on the subdomains of other high authority domains. Below is the screenshot showing the domain authority of Blogspot domain as per Moz:
No matter what Google says about subdomains but it does value them as per the authority of their main domains. This is the reason that they are a bit easier to get rankings on some low competition keywords as compared with a website created on a new domain from scratch.
And, we are not even focusing on ranking them here but just to get some link juice from these Web 2.0 websites. Not just Blogger but there are so many other websites that provide people with the opportunity to create a website or blog.
But Do They Really Work?
Yes, they do work and we will see the procedure to create them in a better way. Before that, you should be able to know the value that a powerful subdomain holds. Below is an image of a Blogspot subdomain blog ranking on 6th position:
We are not going deep into how it ranked or the type of backlinks they created but the fact is they are valued. And as I already told you that our main focus is not to rank them but to take the value and use it for our main website.
How Can We Get the Value from Web 2.0 Backlinks?
The process is simple, we create a blog on these high authority subdomains and maintain them just as a separate website. But, we never let search engines know about the real owner of these websites and work on them anonymously.
It should always be represented that someone has created a website with quality content and linking to our website. This is the most important thing to note here.
The reasons for us choosing a subdomain instead of creating our own separate website from scratch are:
- They are free to be created and saves us from the cost of buying domains and hosting separately.
- They already have some authority in the eyes of search engines as they are closely connected with a high authority main domain.
- If you have multiple websites then you can create n number of Web 2.0 blogs to get powerful backlinks.
- They are much safer and easier to manage than having so many domains to renew regularly.
- You can have them for a lifetime as long as you are active on them on a frequent basis.
These benefits are enough to choose them over our own domains and hosting (They have their own pros). Now we will be looking at the process to create a Web 2.0 on blogger and setting it Up.
Creating a Simple Web 2.0 on Blogger
Let us assume that we have to create a backlink for our money article in the tools review niche. For the time being, I am taking Elementor as our tool and suppose I have written an article about “Elementor Review” on my main website.
Now for getting some good value, I will be creating my Web 2.0 around this keyword and publish content relevant to it. This will make sure that we get better link juice based on the relevancy factor. I will be discussing more about choosing keywords and money pages later in this guide.
Here are the steps:
1. Head over to Blogger.com and you will see and option to create a blog as shown in the image below, click on that button.
2. Sign in with your Google account on the next screen and then it will ask you to set a Display Name. Choose a different name something like “Admin“, “Blogger“, etc. Don’t disclose your real name in your Web 2.0 blogs.
3. After that, you will get an option to create a new blog from the left-hand side, click on that. Fill in the title on the next screen when it asks.
Your blog title should be related to the keyword that your money page is focusing on. I have my article on Elementor Review so I will be choosing something like “Elementor Review” or “Review of Elementor” or “Elementor Tutorials“.
4. Move to the next steps and choose the URL of your Web 2.0 just as your title, related to the keyword. I choose Elementor-review.blogspot.com
5. You have successfully created your first Web 2.0 and now you are ready to publish some high-quality articles on it.
I know how excited you are to publish content and create some backlinks. But before that read the tips that are shared below in order to play it safe and get some better results.
Important Points to Know About Web 2.0
Not all the links that you will create for your website will give you the same results. Some of them will work and some wouldn’t. You can follow the tips given below to increase the chances of your links to work.
1. Use Different Email Address: While creating Web 2.0 blogs or websites you should not use your personal email address or Google account. Create a secondary email address that is different from the one you are using with your main website.
Using the same email address might get your website into risk as search engines may get enough footprints. You should make it look as genuine as possible.
2. Don’t Focus Much Exact Matching Subdomain: In the above example, we got the domain Elementor-review.blogspot.com as it was the exact matching of the keyword that we used for our money page. I will not suggest you overdo this thing and you can also look for some relevant names too.
And, if you are creating multiple Web 2.0 for a single website then try alternatives for your keywords like “Review for Elementor“, “Elementor Builder“, “Best WordPress Builders“, etc. By choosing a broad keyword you get the chance to publish more articles on your Web 2.0 blog.
3. Write Quality Content: So many people use spun content for their Web 2.0 blogs and it may work for them in the short run. But, if you want your Web 2.0 backlinks to show good results in the long run then publish quality content. Not just articles but you can embed videos, infographics, charts, and much more.
The more varied content you will publish the better it would get.
4. Be Regular With It: Would a genuine website owner will leave its website just after a few posts? And if he is leaving the website abandoned then search engines are no fool to give value to that website. Thus, be regular with your Web 2.0 and publish content on a regular basis.
You don’t need to publish hundreds of articles and just one in every two weeks would do good. And you can just write some small 500-600 word articles on the Web 2.0 blog.
5. Making Backlinks in a Right Way: If you are doing so much of hard work then you do deserve the reward, isn’t it. I would not suggest you get a link from the first few articles. Publish 3 to 4 high-quality articles with links to other high authority websites.
After that, in the fifth or sixth article, you can link your main blog or website at your desired keyword. keep in mind about the anchor text variation and go with different anchor texts as shown below based on the above example of Elementor review
- Exact Match: “Elementor Review”
- Relevant: “Review of Elementor”
- Long Tail: “Review of Elementor for Business Websites”
- Niche Based: “Best Page Builder”
- Generic: “Read More”
Go with different variations each time you are linking to the main website from your Web 2.0 blog. Also, add links to other high-authority and relevant websites in your niche to make things a bit better.
6. Tier 2 Backlinks: They are the backlinks that you create for your previously created backlinks. So, you will be creating backlinks for your Web 2.0 blog or website. A genuine website on the internet does get backlinks, isn’t it?
As they are tier 2 backlinks, you can create them through commenting, forum posting, or profile building. They will help you in boosting the power of your Web 2.0 backlinks.
You can follow the things mentioned below to create content for these pages:
- About Us Page: Write some lines about your niche and how your website is helping people in learning more about that specific niche in the best way. You can mention your launch date and praise your fans about supporting you in growing that website, it’s all like a story.
- Contact Us Page: On the Contact page you can add a contact form and write some lines like people should connect with you in order to get any help regarding your specific niche.
These were some important points that you should keep in mind while creating Web 2.0 backlinks. Now, we will be looking at some websites which you can use to create them easily. The list gets changed every now and then as some of them remove the facility of Dofollow backlinks and some start to delete spam looking user accounts.
But, if you are following all the above tips then your blog will never get deleted. Here are some of the most popular Web 2.0 websites:
These websites are enough for you as we don’t have to overdo things in any way. They are here from years and thus don’t worry about your blog or website getting removed any soon.
With that point, this web 2.0 guide comes to an end and I hope you got enough value out of it. I tried to mention each and everything in detail by keeping beginners in my mind.
And I recently updated my Backlinks Mastery Guide with a bonus example sheet. You can get it and learn the real process of creating backlinks.
Do share your feedback or queries in the comments section. ♥